OKIE DREAMS REVIEW TEAM
One of the dreamers. An avid reader. A multi-genre book blogger and reviewer, with a long-time devotion to thrilling adventures, epic fantasy sagas, and all kinds of HEA romance.
I am the owner and founder of Okie Dreams.com. In my day job, I work at a trauma-informed alternative high school with at-risk students. These are students who suffer from addition, homelessness, mental health, and a wide range of childhood trauma. Additionally, I recently obtained my Masters in Criminology with a focus in human behavior. While getting my degree, I took classes on ethical conduct, negotiation, digital terrorism, criminal psychopathology, and neuroscience classes on human relationships, PTSD, and traumatic stress.
In addition to working with children of trauma, I also read a lot of fiction books and tend to blog and chat about books, movies, music, and video games.
- Born and bred Okie (Oklahoma girl), but I currently live just outside Kansas City, Missouri. However, I still root for my Oklahoma Sooners and I still consider myself one of the Okie Dreamers who will never outgrow her roots.
- Giant, four-decade Star Wars fan and have a wide collection of items to show for it. Ask me about my love for Baby Yoda or how I cried when I met and took a few photos with “Chewbacca” and “Darth Vadar” at Disney World in 2019. Not my finest moment, but there you go. Dreamers and childhood nostalgia is alive and well up in this joint.
- Can build my own computers, though I haven’t done so in a while.
- Once upon a time, I did a bit of concert photography and had the chance to photograph and meet a lot of different country artists. However, I currently only do photography for families, graduating seniors, social events, and occasionally engagements or weddings.
- Have a vast collection of books on serial killers, brain science, and childhood trauma.
- Wrote my masters thesis on how adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) may have affected the level of violence and dehumanization a high-profile US male serial killer shows to their victims. So, if you want to know about the childhood trauma of serial killers and the level of violence and dehumanization these killers show toward victims, I’m your girl.
- Craft nut who once co-owned a store-front ceramic shop in Oklahoma, which is where Okie Dreams first originated back in early 2000.
- At sixteen, having my driving license for a grand two weeks in Oklahoma, I went to the movies then met a flash flood on my way home, with water coming over my hood and halfway up my doors. To this day, I still hate driving in hard rain.
- At twenty-one, I outran an EF5 tornado that destroyed a town and a lot of buildings in Oklahoma. One of the all-time scariest moments of my life!
Where else you can find Deanna: