The Rule Maker
Rule Breakers #2
Entangled Publishing | Entangled Embrace
Cover Design: L.J Anderson/Mayhem Designs
Model: Kamil Nizinski
Release Date: January 16th 2017
All the rules are about to change…
Ten Steps to Surviving a New Job:
- Don’t sleep with the client. It’ll get you fired. (Sounds easy enough.)
- Don’t blink when new client turns out to be former one-night stand.
- Don’t call same client a jerk for never texting you back.
- Don’t believe client when he says he really, really wanted to call.
- Remember, the client is always right—so you can’t junk punch him when he demands new design after new design.
- Ignore accelerated heartbeat every time sexy client walks into room.
- Definitely ignore client’s large hands. They just mean he wears big gloves.
- Don’t let client’s charm wear you down. Be strong.
- Whatever you do, don’t fall for the client. You’ll lose more than your job—maybe even your heart.
- If all else fails, see rule number one again.
Amazon ~ http://amzn.to/2ixx4Qn
Barnes & Noble ~ http://bit.ly/2jw6WUv
iBooks ~ http://apple.co/2jK8p92
Kobo ~ http://bit.ly/2iUCsuI
*ARC provided by Publisher*
Brilliant characterization combined with an easy, natural flowing writing style make author Jennifer Blackwood’s The Rule Maker a must-read love story for any and all New Adult contemporary romance fans. Hilarious, forthright, dynamic, and engaging, Zoey and Ryder’s love-hate relationship is both thoroughly entertaining and highly unforgettable.
Right from the start, I was drawn into Zoey’s plight and intrigued by how real her character came across. This is a funny, quirky, strong but soft-hearted woman who I would love to hang with on a day off of work. She’s someone that maybe gets herself into unexpected predicaments but instead of complaining about her fate, she resigns herself to it and continue on her way. Which is actually quite admirable given her how her luck tends to run and the fact that she now has to deal with her ex-fling as a client.
Ryder is a strong, good-humored, adventure-driven man who likes to pretend he has nothing to offer a woman like Zoey and yet, when push comes to shove, he needs for her to be okay. He’s genuine in a way that’s organic, and he comes across as a real man with real thoughts and feelings and doubts and issues to work through. I completely loved him, and though he’s not perfect, he is without a doubt the perfect man for a woman like Zoey because he’s down-to-earth and able to take her take-no-prisoner’s attitude while also recognizing the soft heart she hides inside.
The Rule Maker is a lighthearted, hilarious romance that was an absolute delight for me to read. From the opening paragraph, I knew this read would be magnetic and likely a book I wouldn’t be able to put down. And it proved to be both of those things, and much, much more.
If you’re looking for a phenomenal New Adult romance about a pro snowboarder and an interior designer that will leave you aching from how much you loved it, pick up a copy of The Rule Maker by Jennifer Blackwood. It’s a must-read book that I cannot wait to purchase for my keeper shelf.
Enter the Giveaway
For $50 Sephora Gift Card
About the Author
Jennifer Blackwood is an English teacher and contemporary romance author. She lives in Oregon with her husband, son, and poorly behaved black lab puppy. When she isn’t writing or teaching, she’s binging on Veronica Mars episodes and white cheddar popcorn.